Logo Logo
Help
Contact
Switch Language to German

Pospischil, Andreas and Hermanns, Walter (2021): A Short History of the Origins of the European Society of Veterinary Pathology in the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Veterinarpathologen. In: Veterinary Pathology, Vol. 58, No. 4, 3009858211002195: pp. 655-662

Full text not available from 'Open Access LMU'.

Abstract

The first continental European association for veterinary pathologists was founded in 1951 as the Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Veterinarpathologen (AG-Vetpath), bringing together veterinary pathologists from Germany, several European countries, and the United States. Yearly meetings were held in conjunction with the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Pathologie (DGP). Although the majority of DGP members were human pathologists, veterinary pathologists had been using the DGP as a forum for scientific exchange since the early 20th century. Renamed in 1969 as the Europaische Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur Veterinarpathologen, and in 1974 as the Europaische Gesellschaft fur Veterinarpathologie, the AG-Vetpath finally received its present name, the European Society for Veterinary Pathology (ESVP) in 1994. In parallel, national organizations for veterinary pathologists in European countries have also evolved over the years, the earliest being in Germany with the Fachgruppe Allgemeine Pathologie und pathologische Anatomie of the Deutsche Veterinarmedizinische Gesellschaft (DVG). AG-Vetpath represents the parent organization for further specialty organizations like the Gesellschaft fur Toxikologische Pathologie (GTP) or the Arbeitskreis Diagnostische Veterinarpathologie (AKDV). Even the European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP) was founded by members of ESVP.

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item